How to Tell Whether Or Not Your Roof Repair is an Emergency
Top 5 Signs You Need Emergency Roof Repair
Is your roof repair an emergency, or is it something you can put off? Read on to learn how to tell if you need emergency roof repair.Are you wondering whether the roof issue at your home or office is an emergency? Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether a roof problem is a big issue or not until it is too late. This means that finding an experienced professional can make a big difference when determining the extent of your roof damage. Read on to learn the top five signs of whether or not you need an emergency roof repair.
1. A Sagging RoofA roof leak repair can be an emergency if you see a sagging roof. That's because when a roof is sagging, it can be a sign that there is a significant amount of water under the surface. Besides being a potential concern for a mold infestation, a sagging roof is also a danger to whatever is underneath it. Depending on how far the roof sags, you could be at risk of having it collapse. This can be caused by the pressure being placed on the roof to support the sagging portion. Eventually, the amount of pressure on that part of the roof can be too much for the rest of your roof to hold up. The issue can become more of an emergency during periods of heavy rain and during heavy winds. Don't wait around to see what happens. Seek help to fix this issue immediately!
2. Interior Water SpotsInterior water spots can be a sign that you have an active leak in your home and one that can cause major problems. These spots often show themselves as a dark-colored or light brown spot on the drywall ceiling of a room in a home or office. The reason these spots can be dark-colored is that the water that gets below your roof's surface often travels down dirty surfaces in your attic or plumbing before showing itself. For example, when a water spot appears on your drywall, this can be a sign that you have had a leak for longer than you may realize. That's because, for a water spot to appear on the exterior portion of drywall, water has to penetrate the interior piece of drywall. It can often be a challenge to identify where the water originates above the drywall. This means that you need a trained professional who can search for the entry point and make the repairs you need!
3. Mold In Your HomeHaving mold in your home is a serious threat to the safety of everyone residing there. There are 4.6 million people in America with asthma caused by exposure to dampness or mold in a home. This statistic alone is proof that when mold is found in your home, it's a situation that must be remedied right away. The important thing to remember about mold is that it can begin to form in only 24 to 48 hours. This means that if you have an active leak in your home, you are putting yourself at risk of a mold infestation if you choose to wait. Tarping a roof can prevent the entry of more water in your home but it cannot stop the threat of mold beginning to grow. You need to ensure that you hire the properly trained company to help you remediate mold and keep your home safe and healthy!
4. Sunlight In Your AtticOne of the tell-tale signs that you need an emergency roof repair is when you see sunlight in your attic. Seeing sunlight in an attic means that your roof has been compromised in some way and is not protecting your home. The good news is that determining this is the result of a simple eye test. It's a matter of carefully going up in your attic while it is light outside to see what you find (or don't find). When you see light in your attic, it means that you have a hole in your roof that is offering no protection to the surface below. Besides creating a potential water hazard, this can increase the cost of your electric bills and cause mold concerns. Another thing to consider is cost to replace your insulation or wood. Attics often have lots of insulation that protects your home from the elements and cut down on humidity levels, especially in hot climates. If you have a hole in your attic, humidity, water, and other debris can make its way into your attic and damage insulation or cause unwanted wood rot. Protect your roof from a more costly repair by being proactive when you see sunlight in your attic.
5. Loose or Missing ShinglesShingles are the outermost portion of your roof and crucial to keeping you dry inside your home or office. Besides being the decorative outer layer of your roof system, shingles are also the first line of defense from protecting you from the elements. When you find a loose or missing shingle, it can be an emergency situation. Sometimes a missing roof shingle can be put back in place without issue. But other times, a loose or missing shingle can create a real threat to the integrity of your roof. Determining the severity of your issue is hard to do unless you are trained in roofing materials and roof systems. A loose or missing shingle can also pose a risk to the rest of your roof because if you ignore it, other shingles may become loose or fall off as well. This can make what starts as a cheap solution, one of many shingle repairs you do as your roof ages.
Setup Emergency Roof RepairIf you are in need of an emergency roof repair, it means it is important to find the help you need fast. At Broward Roofing, we are a team of professionals located in Broward County. We are experienced roofers that can find the root of your problem quickly and provide the solutions you need. This will keep your South Florida home or office a dry one, year around! Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your roof needs!
© 2021 Broward Roofing